08 September 2005

SableCC, SPARQL and AST/CSTs

In my spare time (i.e. the train ride to work) I've been working on JRDF, specifically implementing SPARQL support. As I was one of the people who did the original iTQL support in Kowari, I pulled most of the inspiration for this from the SableCC implementation Simon and I did in Kowari. Hence SableCC was a natural choice. However, after talking with Andy S about his ARQ work and being generally lazy about keeping up to date with the SPARQL spec, I almost decided to switch to using JavaCC.

Thankfully Andrew talked me out of it, and JRDF now has simple SPARQL support (SELECT * WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }) and a rudimentary query layer. And just when I thought that I was the only person in the world who uses SableCC, along comes Nat Pryce with a nice little tutorial on the latest version, Concrete to Abstract Syntax Transformations with SableCC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home